From our Business Plan, the BID Directors have brought forward the following projects, currently under development.
• Business voice: engages with businesses to seek their views. One large meeting and four stakeholder meetings have been held in the first six months. From April 2017 onwards, we will be surveying businesses on topics such as cost reduction and training as well as consulting on major issues affecting businesses in the town.
• Marketing: We have refreshed the Visit Hexham leaflet and doubled the print run to 70,000 – see above! We are developing a new marketing strategy for the town that will encompass the industrial areas as well as the historic town centre and will invest in revitalising the Visit Hexham website.
• Signage and access: We’ve commissioned a scoping study for the whole town, to review existing signage and explore exciting new digital signage. We will develop a four-year delivery plan for ground works, starting with the ‘gateways’ and industrial estates.
• Town appearance: We want to make Hexham a more attractive place to work and visit. A programme of enhanced cleaning will start in May 2017. In partnership with the Town Council, we have committed to a significant extension of the town’s Christmas Lights for the next four years.
• Markets: We want to create attractive market opportunities for new retailers that meet customer needs. This year, we will begin to test new ideas, including an occasional Sunday Market in the Market Place.
• Business support: We want to give Hexham’s business access to a range of direct support in training, business advice, and networking events. We will engage with businesses to research their needs and develop new methods of delivery.
We’re happy to discuss project ideas with Levy payers – just drop us a line.